80% of External Cyberattacks Can Be Prevented. Just add QWERX.

hand writing the words

Today's sage advice on cybersecurity, from virtually any source, generally goes like this:

  • A hacker has penetrated your network
  • You must find them and contain them 
  • The longer it takes to find and contain, the more havoc will be wreaked 

Typical analysis and recommendations start with the assumption that the hacker is going to get into your network, and that you can’t do anything about it. We invite you to question that assumption.

More than 80% of breaches within hacking involve brute force or the use of lost or stolen credentials (Verizon). The stolen credential provides the hacker with a cover of trust, allowing them to penetrate your firewall while appearing to be an authorized device. They may have obtained that credential through a phishing attack, acquired it on the darknet, intercepted it in transit, or from a previous penetration of your network or supply chain.

QWERX has designed and patented a secure device authentication technology: QWERX Enterprise Secure Perimeter, or QESP. QESP completely eliminates the use of vulnerable static credentials that are easily stolen and enable a hacker to make the first connection into your network. If the hacker cannot access the network to begin with, all of the bad things that happen after they get in are not going to happen.

Does this mean that QESP-protected networks are 100% safe from attack? No! Our tech is great, but it is also specifically targeted. QESP stops 100% of credential-based attacks; those that are enabled by theft or misuse of the static credentials used to authenticate a device to a network. This type of attack represents approximately 80% of attacks, but you still have to be concerned about the other 20%. With QESP in place, you can redirect those resources you previously deployed dealing with the 80% and be more effective with the remaining 20%!

Leave a Comment